I am a highly motivated, focused, organized, and creative individual that loves innovation, design thinking, research, and supporting local businesses that encourages creativity, is transformative, and is always working towards becoming more sustainable in an ever changing environment. I always strive to push myself in roles in which I can continue to grow as an individual. I enjoy challenges and I want the work that I have done to make a positive impact in the communities around me.
Technical Tool kit
- Digital Marketing/SEO – Instagram, Facebook
- Reservations & Booking System – Huttosoft
- Communication Platforms – Slack, Basecamp, Zoom
- Software Programs – Microsoft – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom
- E-Commerce & Web Design Systems & Applications – WordPress, Elementor, Canva, Shopify, Site ground
- Qualitative Analysis Software – Delve Software
Master's Degree in Tourism Management
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing & Management
Suny Empire State College
Saratoga Springs, New York
Associates Degree in Individual Studies
Hudson Vallye Community College
Troy, New York
Shaker High School Graduate
Latham, New York
Certificates & Educational Experiences/
American Sign Language
Capital Region Language Center
Tourism & Hospitality Management Certificate
Florida Atlantic University
The Science of Well Being Course
Tour Director Certification
International Tour Management Institute
American Sail Association - 101 Basic Keelboat Sailing Certification
Griffin Sailing School
Connolly, New York
Wilderness First Aid
Fort Collins, CO
NYC Tour Guide License
Department of Consumer Affairs
Washington D.C Tour Guide License
Department of Consumer Regulatory Affairs
Marketing: Content creation, web design, social media marketing, SEO, brand imaging and photography, outreach, networking, copyright, leds, research - primary and secondary.
Travel: photography, writer, travel logistics, custom map design, digital technical designs for tours, researcher - primary and secondary.
Programs: Siteground, WordPress, Shopify, Ecommerce, Slack, Basecamp, Zoom, Canva, Huttosoft Reservation System, Delve Software, Adobe Photoshop Shop and lightroom, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Outlook & Excel.
Dog Training: 15 months/5 Summers of intense training in performance and training in dog agility, obedience, flyball, and tracking.
Troy Bike Rescue
Bike Repair – Troy, New York
1 -2 times each week I helped build/rebuild bikes from scratch using donated and used bike parts from the local community.
2015 - 2017
Mohawk Humane Society
Dog Assistant – Menands, New York
I spend a few hours each week at the Mohawk Humane Society assisting in walking, playing, and training dogs. I also would help out with laundry, sorting, cleaning, organizing the kitchen, and other duties.
- Become fluent in a second language.
- Study Poetry
- Create a Memoir
- Dance – Salsa, Bachata, Zouk, Swing
- Photography & Writing & Webdesign
- Reading & Research
- Travel & Tourism
- Exercise and Recreational Sports – swimming, hiking, unicycling, biking, camping
- Music – Piano, Guitar, Upright Bass
September 2022 - November 2022
Pet Spas and Suites (Temp)
Marketing Consultant & Web Design
I conducted a thorough analysis of the company’s current website, built a new website, and manage the companies social media pages.
- I specialized in designing, creating, and coding a brand-new website using a combination of texts, videos, pictures, graphics, copywrite, layouts, etc…
- I was the photographer, and social media content creator for their Instagram, Facebook, and TicTok page.
- I would run social media campaigns on a weekly basis promoting various specials and packages as well as create educational videos for viewers.
January 2022 - May 2022
Oregon State University
Oregon State University – Corvallis, OR
I was the assisted principal investigator on a multi-sited, multispecies ethnographic study of sea lion-salmon-human relations in the Cascadia Bioregion of the Pacific Northwest.
- I helped collect data by conducting semi-structured interviews and surveys.
- I coded and analyzed results using Delve software and co-authored two publications for submission to academic journals based on this research.
July 2021 - August 2021
Receptionist & Café Worker (Seasonal)
My duties as a receptionist included taking phone calls, responding to emails, checking guests in and out, booking rooms, promoting the company, resolving guest related problems, promoting the company, and maintain a clean atmosphere. I also worked front end and back end of the cafe prepping, cooking, and serving food.
- I was always making sure the guests needs were met and if there was a problem that it would be resolved as soon as possible.
October 2020 - December 2020
Ashcroft Pet Resort
Fort Collins, CO
Kennel Tech, Media and Events Organizer
I oversaw and helped managed the company’s social media pages, helped plan events, organized photoshoots, trained dogs one on one, and assisted in managing dogs in a daycare setting.
- Promotion & Event Planning – I oversaw the designing, planning, and photography landscape for the Halloween and Holiday events. I also oversaw weekly and monthly social media posts.
- Sales & Photography – I was the main photographer and sold pet pictures to each owner on a weekly basis.
December 2019 - July 2020
Rensselaer, New York
I worked in a fast past environment maneuvering package up to 150lbs. on and off trucks in a timely fashion. Most of the time I would work with a team of anywhere from 2-17 people and sometimes by myself.
- Every day I worked I successfully reached the minimum required goal of maneuvering, scanning, and sorting an average of 400 packages per hour on and off conveyer belts and trucks. During peak season I would handle up to 400 packages per hour for 6 – 8 hours per shift.
May 2017 - July 2017
Bed Bath & Beyond (Seasonal)
Latham, New York
Sales Associate & Cashier
I greeted customers as they arrived, informed them about any specials the company was running, stocked product and answered any questions the customers may have had during their time at the store. If product was not in stock, I would look the product up and make phone calls to nearby Bed Bath and Beyond stores to see if the product was in stock and if they could hold if for a customer.
- Each week I was required to get customers to sign up for promotions and 75% of the time I was the one who was able to get the most people to sign up.
May 2016 - July 2016
Upstate, New York
I worked with clients on entrepreneurial & marketing projects, traveled to business networking events at least two times per week, mentored incoming interns, created PowerPoint presentations, designed websites, and lead think tank discussions.
Projects & Goals
- I would organize weekly group meetings with the marketing intern team and lead thinktank discussions focusing on new concepts, ideas, and strategies to increase clientele, and how to become better listeners and communicators with the current clients.
- I went to 2 networking events per week with a goal to identify at least 2 clients that I could build a strong working relationship with that needed entrepreneurial help.
- When meeting with clients I would take the time to get to know each individual and review their business plan with a focus on their marketing initiatives. My goal was to make sure each client would follow through with their weekly/monthly marketing tasks.
July 2015 - August 2015
Small Business Development Center
Albany, New York
I reviewed entrepreneurial business plans for small and medium size enterprises and was an assistant at conferences.
Projects & Goals
- I would work one on one with clients to review their business plans and design goals and tasks specifically for their needs. An example of this is creating a SWOT Analysis allowing the client to dive deeper into understanding the company’s strength, weakness, opportunity, threat.
May 2014 - August 2014
Hoffman's Playland Amusement Park
Latham, New York
Ride Operator & Entertainer (Seasonal)
Hoffman’s Playland – Latham N.Y.
I operated rides and performed safety checks and inspections. On the weekends I worked at the ticket counter selling tickets to guests.
- The company required that I sell and promote weekly ticket sales to guests in the park. I was good at convincing kids to get their parents to buy more tickets by letting them know about upcoming raffles, and that the season is almost over.