I am a highly motivated, focused, organized, and creative individual that loves innovation, design thinking, research, and supporting local businesses that encourages creativity, transformability, and is always working towards becoming more sustainable in an ever changing environment. I always strive to push myself in roles in which I can continue to grow as an individual. I enjoy challenges and I want the work that I have done to make a positive impact in the communities around me.
Technical Tool Kit
Organizational Management: Creating and implementing theories and models, teaching and developing organizational packets.
Marketing: Content creation, web design, social media marketing, SEO, brand imaging and photography, outreach, networking, copyright, leads, research - primary and secondary.
Travel: photography, writer, travel logistics, custom map design, digital technical designs for tours, researcher - primary and secondary.
Programs: Siteground, WordPress, Shopify, Ecommerce, Slack, Basecamp, Zoom, Canva, Huttosoft Reservation System, Daysmart Recreation, Construct Connect - iSqFt.(Bid Management Software), Delve Software (Qualitative Analysis Software), epartners (Commercial Real Estate Management Platform) Adobe Photoshop Shop and Lightroom, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Outlook & Excel.
Dog Training: 15 months/5 Summers of intense training in performance and training in dog agility, obedience, flyball, and tracking.
- To work for a company that will provide me an opportunity to grow with their skilled team and learn their businesses operations.
- To work for a company that is mission driven with a strong CSR that is presentable in the community, looking to grow sustainably (ie. improving work culture, sustaining long term profits, positive hiring practices, using proper R&D techniques to study customer behavior, values education experiences (including outside of traditional academic settings), etc….
Project and Category Focused
Pet Spas and Suites 2022 (Temp.), Braathe Enterprises 2016 (Intern & Mentor), Small Business Development Center 2015 (Intern)
Entrepreneurship Start Up and Current Management Development
- I reviewed entrepreneurial business plans for small and medium size enterprises and was an assistant at conferences.
- I would work individually and on teams to create organizational management models that would lead to healthier work environments by applying managerial theories to those models.
- I traveled to business networking events at least two-three times per week with a goal to identify at least 2 clients weekly that needed business operations assistance.
- I would organize weekly group meetings with the marketing intern team and lead think tank discussions focusing on new concepts, ideas, and strategies to increase clientele. An example is discussing strategies on how to become better listeners and communicators with the current and potential clients.
- When meeting with clients I would take the time to get to know each individual and review their business plan with a focus on their marketing initiatives. My goal was to make sure each client would follow through with their weekly/monthly marketing tasks. An example of this is creating a SWOT Analysis allowing the client to dive deeper into understanding the company’s strength, weakness, opportunity, threat.
Marketing Based Projects
- I specialized in designing, creating, and coding a brand-new website using a combination of texts, videos, pictures, graphics, copyright, and layouts using various software programs.
- I gave sound advice and managed companies’ social media pages – Instagram, Facebook, and Tik Tok. I would run social media campaigns on a weekly basis promoting various specials and packages as well as create educational videos for viewers.
- Photography & Event Planning – I was the photographer and oversaw the designing, planning, and photography landscape for Halloween and other holiday events.
Customer Service, Sales, Labor
Afrim's Sports Park (2023, 2024), Huttopia 2021 (Seasonal), Fedex 2019 (Pandemic job), Bed Bath and Beyond 2016, Hoffman's Playland Amusement Park 2014 (Worked the last season before they permanently closed.)
- During my time at Afrim’s Sport’s Park, I will manage multiple games, tournaments and events anywhere between 50-700+ people. Duties include managing leagues, getting payments, scheduling teams and players for future league and special occasion tournaments, working the café and bar, and cleaning up the facilities in order to close.
- When I was a Receptionist at Huttopia, a French glamping site, I would take phone calls, respond to emails, check guests in and out, book rooms, promote company specials, resolve guest related problems, and maintain a clean atmosphere. My goal was to make sure guests needs were met and if there was a problem that it would be resolved within 24 hours.
- At Huttopia, I worked frontend and backend in the cafe prepping, cooking, and serving food that hosted 250+ rooms.
- As a Retail Associate at Bed Bath and Beyond, I greeted customers as they arrived, informed them about daily/ weekly/monthly specials, stocked products, and answered any questions customers may have had during their time at the store. If a product was not in stock, I would look the product up and make phone calls to nearby stores to see if the product was in stock and if they could hold the product for the customer.
- As a Ride Operator at Hoffman’s Playland Amusement Park, I performed safety checks and inspections before, during, and after each ride. I made sure each kid that participated in the rides fully understood the policies prior to riding.
- As a Retail Associate at Bed Bath and Beyond, I was required to get customers to sign up for promotions and 75% of the time I successfully got the most people to sign up.
- When selling tickets at Hoffman’s Playland Amusement Park, my goal was to make sure that every parent could maximize the number of rides they could offer to each of their children within their daily budget. I learned to become good at convincing kids to get their parents to buy more tickets and let them know about upcoming raffles and upcoming events.
- As a Package Handler at FedEx, I successfully reached the minimum required goal of maneuvering, scanning, and sorting an average of 400 packages per hour, weighing up to 150lbs. each on and off conveyor belts and trucks. During peak season I would work either by myself or with a team anywhere from 2-17 people for 6 – 8 hours per shift.
Colorado State University (CSU) 2020-2022, Oregon State University (OSU) 2022
Colorado State University (CSU) Projects
- I learned what it takes to become a tourism leader through policy change, what it takes to preserve history and cultural sites, and how we can sustainably develop and build communities to create peace among stakeholders in driven economies.
- Industry researcher and data analyst – I learned how to design and conduct surveys, read, comprehend, and design studies, and study behavior patterns of tourists/visitors and locals.
- I interviewed companies and created technicals (itineraries) for trips and worked on the design & logistics of multi-day tours.
- Taught and mentored undergrads – courses focused in tourism, economics, and business.
Oregon State University (OSU) Project
- I was the assisted principal investigator on a multi-sited, multispecies ethnographic study of sea lion-salmon-human relations in the Cascadia Bioregion of the Pacific Northwest.
- I helped collect data by conducting semi-structured interviews and surveys.
- I coded and analyzed results using Delve software and co-authored two publications for submission to academic journals based on this research.
Mohawk Humane Society 2015 - 2017
Mohawk Human Society
I spend a few hours each week at the Mohawk Humane Society assisting in walking, playing, and training dogs. I also would help out with laundry, sorting, cleaning, organizing the kitchen, and other duties.
Master's Degree in Tourism Management
Colorado State University (CSU)
Fort Collins, CO
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing & Management
Suny Empire State College
Saratoga Springs, New York
Associates Degree in Individual Studies
Hudson Vallye Community College
Troy, New York
Shaker High School Graduate
Latham, New York
Certifications & Courses
American Sign Language
Capital Region Language Center
Tourism & Hospitality Management Certificate
Florida Atlantic University
The Science of Well Being Course
Tour Director Certification
International Tour Management Institute
American Sail Association - 101 Basic Keelboat Sailing Certification
Griffin Sailing School
Connolly, New York
Wilderness First Aid
Fort Collins, CO
NYC Tour Guide License
Department of Consumer Affairs
Washington D.C Tour Guide License
Department of Consumer Regulatory Affairs
Interests & Hobbies
- Reading & Writing (formal, instructional, creative, research, shortform, poetry – (immersive & expressive)
- Commercial Real Estate
- Dance – salsa, bachata, zouk, Swing
- Photography & Webdesign
- Travel & Tourism
- Exercise and Recreational Sports – swimming, hiking, unicycling, biking, camping, tennis
- Music – piano, guitar, upright bass